Business problem: Small Farm Central, a client with an existing business had built a SaaS application targeting an adjoining market. After running the application for a year and gaining revenue and feedback, the client wanted a review of both the business and technical feasibility of continued development.
Role: Moore Consulting reviewed both the business and technical aspects of the SaaS business.
Solution: Moore Consulting undertook a wide variety of tasks to understand all aspects of the business. These included the following tasks:
- discussing goals with the client
- reading surveys gathered by client
- talking to existing and prospective customers
- learning the framework used by the application
- reviewing and tweaking the code in a running environment
- reviewing and suggesting changes to a business plan and budget
- reviewing requirements documentation
- estimating level of effort to get to the version 2.0 feature set
- creating a technical recommendations document to improve the technical environment.
Results: The client was happy with the review and as a result of the review and consequent dialog, is excited about the path forward for version 2 of the SaaS application.