I was blue skying with a friend the other day and came up with checklist to build a simple canned website from a form submission, using Google Apps and Google Apps Scripting.
- User goes to a form. (More on creating a form)
- User submits images, video links, text, email, background color, etc.
- That all goes into a google spreadsheet, which triggers the building of a site. Here’s trigger info.
- You can automatically build a google site. Here’s the api: site creation, page creation. If you want your own domain name (example.com) I think you can do that, but you’d need to integrate with a DNS service to set that up–this part bears a little more investigating.
- If desired, you can generate the QR code for the site.
- If you need to tell the form submitter that the site is created, you can email them a link to the QR code so they can print it out.
- You can even remove content from the site via cron (see triggers link up above), though you can’t automatically delete the site.
- It’s conceivable you could even use google checkout to charge users beforehand (though this is a bit less supported).
What’s great is that you don’t need to have any tool other than a browser to build this entire stack. Google is truly creating a toolkit/macro language in the cloud.