I recently moved to a new computer, and have been rebuilding my desktop environment. I just wanted to list my Firefox plugins for future reference.
- Colorzilla is invaluable for a developer like me to copy a color palate correctly.
- S3Fox lets you manage Amazon S3 buckets and their content.
- Firebug lets you examine web pages in detail, including network operations/
- YSlow is an add on for Firebug that evaluates site performance based on a variety of metrics
- Some kind of whois tool–sometimes you need to know who registered that domain name
These are my drop dead extensions for typical web development work. What am I missing? Do you have any to recommend?
I can’t believe I forgot to mention Live HTTP Headers: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829/
That tool is so useful when you’re looking at caching issues.