Everyone should use an earpiece. My SO is reading “Disconnect: the truth about cell phone radiation, what the industry has done to hide it, and how to protect your family” and it’s some scary stuff.
I’ve struggled with setting up my earpiece enough times that I want to document what I did just now. There are a lot of instructions on the internet, but they all seem incomplete, or aimed at a different phone. Here’s the Jabra manual (PDF), even though it isn’t much help.
So, here are my step by step instructions on how to connect my AT&T Palm Centro with my Jabra VBT2050 earpiece.
- Turn off the earpiece by holding down the side button until you see 4 fast blinks. Disconnect it from the charger.
- Then, turn off bluetooth on the phone. Disconnect it from the charger.
- Turn on the bluetooth on your phone
- Make sure your phone’s bluetooth setting is ‘visible’
- On the phone, choose ‘setup devices’
- Choose ‘trusted devices’
- Choose ‘add device’
- Turn on the Jabra earpiece by holding down the button you used to turn it off
- Continue to hold the on/off button down until you see it blinking three times slowly.
- Press the center button of the earpiece (the one you use to connect/disconnect calls) for about 10-20 seconds, until the light on the earpiece is steady.
- Choose ‘find more’ on your phone.
- Select the Jabra earpiece.
- Choose ‘OK’
- Enter the passcode: 0000 (I’ve not found a way to change this, which seems rather idiotic).
- Choose ‘OK’ You should now be at the ‘Trusted devices’ screen.
- Select the Jabra earpiece from the list
- Press the menu key on your Centro. It’s next to the ‘Alt’ key.
- Select ‘Connect’. The earpiece should be blinking one time slowly.
- Click ‘OK’ on out. You should see a blue set of headphones next to your bars when you get to the main screen.
- You can change your phone’s bluetooth visibility to ‘hidden’
Hope this helps!