So, more questions from students. This time about Cloudformation, the very cool way to built AWS infrastructure declaratively. I would hate to have to pick a favorite AWS service, but if I had to, Cloudformation would be it.
- By default a stack rolls back on failure. You can also keep any successful stack elements by setting disable rollback to true. Can you have some elements of a stack that must have successful creation, and others that may fail without rollback?
- Nope. I’d break this up into two stacks and chain them.
- Why is YAML now supported for Cloudformation templates?
- YAML is more readable for humans than JSON.
- Can you a dry run of a cloudformation template?